Managed Print Services
Cut Costs with our End-to- End Managed Print Services
In one year an organisation with 750 employees will spend $700,000 on print costs, according to imaging industry research firm Photizo. By leveraging Datacom’s holistic managed print services, your organisation can save up to 30 per cent on these costs. Our managed print services team procures and consolidates print devices, reduces print volumes and manages all hardware, maintenance and consumables. The result is an optimised print set-up that requires less money to maintain, fewer IT staff to support and just one monthly contract to meet all your ongoing managed print services needs.
According to Gartner, print management costs can syphon 1 to 3 per cent of an organisation’s total revenue. Datacom managed print services can help you reduce costs by providing:
- A holistic approach to boosting operational efficiencies: Our managed print services team assesses how your current print setup affects your business, including testing how each device prints, how much you spend on consumables such as toner and ink and the printer-to-user ratio. From there, the managed print services team develops a proposed future state for your print fleet that includes cost savings for hardware, consumables, power consumption and maintenance – savings that go back into your business.
- Flexibility through vendor-independence: Datacom's managed print services support a range of print hardware from the leading providers without locking you into using one brand. And even if you use a range of different providers for your print hardware, all your infrastructure and maintenance costs are issued in one monthly bill in your managed print services contract.
- Ongoing partnership to continually meet business needs: Print management optimisation is an ongoing process that doesn’t stop at simply consolidating hardware and reducing print volumes. Datacom's managed print services cover the full print management lifecycle, considering fluctuating business goals and budgets so print continues to meet your organisation’s needs.
Keeping print management in-house instead of outsourcing it to a managed print services provider carries several disadvantages for your organisation, especially:
- A lack of centralised print purchasing: In organisations where every business unit is allowed to order its own printers, costs quickly add up – especially if each print device is only being used by a handful of people, such as a small payroll department, instead of being maximised for the best printer-to-user ration.
- Expensive and inflexible maintenance contracts: If you have to go through each separate print provider to service different printers and copies, you’ll have to manage several contracts and payments. Not to mention that if you don’t have a good SLA with one of your providers, you might not get the repairs or preventative maintenance you need when you need it.
- IT support costs: Most IT departments don’t hire IT staff devoted to troubleshooting their printers. Yet, to manage a print fleet for an organisation with 750 employees, it requires about 3,700 hours of IT support, according to Photizo. This is time your IT staff should be dedicating to more important, revenue-driving projects and strategic business-technology endeavours.
Are you ready to save up to 30 per cent on print costs? Fill out our contact form today to schedule an assessment of your print environment by one of our managed print services experts.