Business Information Systems
Datacom’s Business Information Systems (BIS) practise provides support for all major databases, including Oracle and SQL Server.
Our team of 30 databases administrators (DBAs) work with leading companies, including Genworth Financials, GE-Commercial, GE-Money, ING Bank, Capital Finance, CUSCAL, and many other businesses with mission-critical, 24x7 database environments.
The practise offers services ranging from basic operations to advanced architecture and design, delivered as ongoing services or in consultancy engagements.
Our database administrators (DBAs) are highly skilled and experienced and can provide ongoing delivery and consultancy services. Our BIS team also offer application support for web based applications like Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic.
Datacom's Business Information Systems services (in support of application and database systems) include:
- Proactive performance monitoring and optimisation of application and database layers.
- Development, enhancement and integration (under version control, change and release management as part of Datacom’s comprehensive service management processes).
- Running and monitoring batch and interactive application processes.
- Database maintenance, patching, system upgrades and migration.
- Rolling out application fixes.
- Monitoring and regular health checks of Zombie ‘run-away’ processes, system log error alarms etc.
- Data cleansing, dataset convergence and migration.
- Administration of bespoke code and handovers between environments.
- Managing application interfaces.
- Resolution of database and supporting (middle-tier) technology issues.
- Cloning of application environments.
- Application health-checks and data audits.
- Database management, administration and support.
- Maintenance/trimming of growing system log files.
- Kernel rebuilds and tuning.
- Continuous automated and manual database health check reviews.
Datacom Business Information Systems - Key Benefits:
Lower your infrastructure management costs by leveraging our economies of scale and shared infrastructure
Enabling you to concentrate on your core business objectives with no need to retain specialised BIS resources in-house
Reduce End User downtime
Proactive system management increases availability, avoids cost and risk
Improved quality of service and increase revenue
Improve stability and efficiency of mission-critical applications that are client facing through proactive management of your systems.