Drive Business Benefits by Further Virtualising Your Servers
Australia now has the highest rate of server virtualisation penetration in the world, with nearly 80 per cent of enterprises having virtualised some component of their servers, according to IDC figures
. The key phrase here is “some component,” as gaps in full-scale virtualisation adoption remain. Only 48 per cent of x86 workloads were expected to be virtualised on servers by 2012, according to research from Gartner
. Many companies aren’t further virtualising their workloads because of a few perceived challenges including:
- Virtualising uncommon workloads: IT staff might lack confidence in virtualising applications such as SAP and Exchange.
- Wider integration, roadmap and capacity complexities: Having virtualised the low-hanging fruit, enterprises are faced with the more complex servers, which introduces additional challenges.
- Licensing requirements: Moving to virtualisation can complicate your volume licensing. For instance, you require a separate license from the server edition for a desktop version of an operating system you run on a virtual machine.
Datacom can help you get around these issues. We have enterprise-level experience migrating complex IT systems into a virtualised environment and our licensing experts can help with your volume licensing needs. We can also assist with:
- Capacity and roadmap planning
- Migration to cloud, including “as a Service” delivery models
- A vendor-neutral approach to server virtualisation technologies to determine the most cost-effective solution for your business
- Ensuring your licensing remains compliant as you move to a virtualised environment; we are knowledgeable in various enterprise licensing arrangements
- Server management and monitoring to avoid an incident of virtual sprawl
Fill out the contact form on the top left to learn more about how Datacom can make virtualising your servers easy.
Find out how Datacom can help with your other virtualisation needs: